Local Up Prize
The winners are announced on facebook.com/ localupprizeWin exclusive package of workshops!
Local Up Prize is a prize which will be given to local activists from small cities and villages. The Local Up Prize is an opportunity for social activists to be rewarded and seen and gives them platform to tell their stories. This year – activists from Ukraine, Latvia and Poland can apply.
The prize is an exclusive package of workshops provided by experts, carefully chosen and designed to meet the needs of the winners. Workshops will be organized in the way – which will help you to further develope your project and skills.
The workshops will concern:
- Business development, business models and innovation (with Jerzy Kurgan – Innovation expert from Warsaw)
- User centered design – finding new solutions(with Claudia Castrone – Designer and artist from Berlin)
- Website creation and digital presence (with Elina Sundukova – User interface developer from Riga/Berlin)
- Project management and partnerships (with Olena Pravylo – Chairwoman in Congress of Cultural Activists from Kiev)
Who can apply?
Apply if your project meets the following conditions:
In the city smaller than 50'000 inhabitants and you are from there
Project was realized in the years 2015 and/or 2016 (in Latvia, Poland or Ukraine)
Local community was engaged in the project
Your project fits in category either social business, culture or social inclusion
How to apply
Click the button – Apply – and fill the form, where you have to:
- Tell us the about yourself and what motivates you (required)
- Tell us the story of your project (required)
- Add pictures showing your project in action, at least 3 (required)
- Add video – showing your project in action, the length of it should be between 1 – 5 minutes (optional)
I think we can win
Local Up is an initiative created to encourage decentralization of culture and activities and celebrate existing social activities outside the big cities.
Local Up is offering a platform of local initiatives who work together to build active, trustful society and share common responsibility about future of Baltic region. It’s built by activists for activists and developed by work together.
JuryInternational jury from Latvia, Poland and Ukraine